Friday, October 23, 2009

My Name

The Name Nicholas is Greek for victory of the people and its origin was from a bishop who saved poor men’s daughters from prostitution and then there was Saint Nicholas. I don’t like my name Nicholas a lot because I think it is too formal and British but that is not who I am but I found a way around that problem by dubbing myself nick and I cannot remember the last time I was called Nicholas. When I was little I wanted to change my name to wolverine because I thought it was a cool name. For some reason I wanted to change my name to daffy (from loony tunes) because I always thought it was a cool name and I liked the TV show. Also the name Jason because there was a show with a monkey called Jason I wanted to be a monkey. I used to be teased about my first name because it rhymes with a certain word and I am still sometimes teased (tom, Alistair) but it barley even bothers me. When I was little I was annoyed that there was another boy in my class named Nicholas so one day the teacher suggested that I be called nick and so I liked the name and the trend caught on. I was given the name because My parents just liked it and there was nothing special about it.

1 comment: